Recipe by Sydney Mike
This great recipe comes from Taste of Home New Cake Mix Creations cookbook & is only for the sweetest of sweet tooths! Preparation time does not include time needed for crust to cool or for completed bars to cool in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Mary K. W.
What a great cookie/bar. The combination of chocolate and raspberry is just heavenly. A word of caution though .. it's very easy to over bake the crust. I did this the first time. I made them again today and much better results. Very elegant and definitely guest quality. This will probably become one of my favorite desserts. Updated 12/09 .. I was having problems with the chocolate and butter ... the chocolate was wanting to sieze. I looked for a dipping chocolate recipe here on Zaar and found one using solid shortening (Crisco). In fact the author stressed not to use butter. I tried another batch of the drizzling chocolate with the Crisco and exactly what i wanted ... nice, smooth chocolate and made a beautiful presentation. Also, I chilled the cookie base/jam before trying to spread the cream cheese on it ... That helped reduce the jam from wanting to pull up and swirl in with the cream cheese.
- 517.37 g package devil's food cake mix
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 340.19 g jar seedless raspberry jam
For the Topping
- 340.19 g package vanilla chips (or white chocolate chips)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml whole milk
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehead oven to 350 degrees F, & grease a 15"x10" glass baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, egg & butter until crumbly, then press crumb mixture into bottom of baking dish.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust appears puffy & dry, then cool on wire rack.
- When crust is cool, spread jam over crust.
- In microwave or heavy saucepan, melt vanilla chips, then stir until smooth.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese & milk until smooth.
- Add melted vanilla chips & mix well.
- CAREFULLY spread cream cheese mixture over jam.
- Melt chocolate chips & butter, then stir until smooth.
- Drizzle or pipe over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate before cutting into SMALL pieces.