This great recipe comes from Taste of Home New Cake Mix Creations cookbook & is only for the sweetest of sweet tooths! Preparation time does not include time needed for crust to cool or for completed bars to cool in the refrigerator.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
For the Topping
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla chips (or white chocolate chips)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Prehead oven to 350 degrees F, & grease a 15"x10" glass baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, egg & butter until crumbly, then press crumb mixture into bottom of baking dish.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust appears puffy & dry, then cool on wire rack.
- When crust is cool, spread jam over crust.
- In microwave or heavy saucepan, melt vanilla chips, then stir until smooth.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese & milk until smooth.
- Add melted vanilla chips & mix well.
- CAREFULLY spread cream cheese mixture over jam.
- Melt chocolate chips & butter, then stir until smooth.
- Drizzle or pipe over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate before cutting into SMALL pieces.