1/3 Photos of Chocolate Raisin Biscuits- Gluten Free or Not
1 hr 10 mins
These are great biscuits. They are very rich and my whole family love them. I usually make a double batch so that I can keep some for later. The recipe was in the "Super Food Ideas" magazine in 2004. You can make them lactose free by using dark chocolate and a lactose free margarine, such as Nuttelex. Feedback from review by Polly_Waffle_kid- these biscuits have been made on regular wheat flour and turned out perfectly. (My thanks to you PWK:) )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Centigrade. Line biscuit trays with baking paper.
- 2Melt half of the chocolate and set aside to cool.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- 4Sift in the flour and baking powder. Stir gently to combine. Fold into the mix the remaining chopped chocolate and the shopped raisins.
- 5Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 6Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and then place onto the trays. Flatten with the back of a metal spoon.
- 7Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- 8Stand 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Raisin Biscuits- Gluten Free or Not
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 62.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: