These are great biscuits. They are very rich and my whole family love them. I usually make a double batch so that I can keep some for later. The recipe was in the "Super Food Ideas" magazine in 2004. You can make them lactose free by using dark chocolate and a lactose free margarine, such as Nuttelex. Feedback from review by Polly_Waffle_kid- these biscuits have been made on regular wheat flour and turned out perfectly. (My thanks to you PWK:) )
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Centigrade. Line biscuit trays with baking paper.
- Melt half of the chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Stir gently to combine. Fold into the mix the remaining chopped chocolate and the shopped raisins.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and then place onto the trays. Flatten with the back of a metal spoon.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Stand 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.