Recipe by txgammi
This is an old recipe that I've had forever and don't remember where it came from...but even after all these years it's still a yummy keeper for when we get a craving for something simple and sweet. One never gets too old to love these goodies!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup nuts (your choice) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine margarine, sugar, milk, cocoa, and salt in a heavy pot and bring to boil over medium heat for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from hot burner.
- Add oats, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Add raisins/nuts if desired.
- Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon on waxed paper and let cool.
- I have no idea how many this recipe makes-- having never counted them so this will be a guess.