Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Also known as Quad Cake tweaked slightly to lower calorie and fat
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (aka confectioner's sugar)
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite, thawed (divided)
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix (fat free preferred)
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pecans. Press mixture onto bottom of a 9 x 13" pan. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of the Cool Whip at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- Whisk together instant pudding mix and milk 2 minutes, or until smooth. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Chill 10 minutes. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding mixture. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares.