Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 10 mins
Also known as Quad Cake tweaked slightly to lower calorie and fat
Make and share this Chocolate Quad Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (aka confectioner's sugar)
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite, thawed (divided)
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix (fat free preferred)
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pecans. Press mixture onto bottom of a 9 x 13" pan. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of the Cool Whip at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- Whisk together instant pudding mix and milk 2 minutes, or until smooth. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Chill 10 minutes. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding mixture. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares.