I couldn't find this variation of pumpkin roll cake on here. I make and sell the regular pumpkin roll cake and had a request for this recently.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree or 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1For filling, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- 2Beat in pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- 3Add whipping cream slowly, beating until slightly thickened.
- 4Refrigerate approximately 2 hours.
- 5For cake: Heat oven to 375°F
- 6Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil or wax paper. Grease foil or wax paper.
- 7Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- 8Beat egg yolks and vanilla 3 minutes; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating another 2 minutes.
- 9Combine dry ingredients; add to yolk mixture alternating with water, beat on low just until smooth.
- 10Slowly fold chocolate mixture into egg whites with a spatula until well blended. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- 11Bake 12-15 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
- 12Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; turn over onto a clean towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully peel off foil or wax paper.
- 13Roll cake in towel, starting from narrow end; place on wire rack to cool.
- 14Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cake with filling; re-roll without towel.
- 15For chocolate glaze: Melt butter in a small pan over low heat;
- 16add cocoa and water, stirring until smooth and slightly thickened. Do not boil.
- 17Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 18Slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- 19Spoon glaze over rolled cake.
- 20Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pumpkin Roll Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.4 mg
- Sodium 329.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g