Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
try this variation of pumpkin pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all crust ingredients into a medium bowl and stir to combine. Press wet crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until just beginning to brown at the corners.
- Set aside to cool completely before filling.
- Turn oven up to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until slightly foamy, about 1 minute. Whisk in all the remaining ingredients, except the milk, and beat until smooth. Then whisk in the milk.
- Pour mixture into prepared, cooled pie crust (you can also use a pastry crust or a store-bought pie crust) and bake for 15 minutes at 425°F
- Reduce the temperature to 350F and bake for about 30 more minutes, until the pie filling jiggles only slightly and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting and refrigerate if storing leftovers.