Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted in response to a request. This is a back of the box recipe. I have not tried it myself but it looks wonderful for the holidays!
- 6 cups cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 lemon, rink
- 1 orange rind
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Cream sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Add minced orange and lemon rinds and salt.
- Grease a 10" springform pan and coat with layer of graham wafer crumbs.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared pan and swirl with canned pumpkin.
- Set in pan of water and bake in 300F oven for an hour.
- Cool cooked cheesecake and chill.
- Meanwhile, bring cream to a boil and add chopped chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Spread over cooled cheesecake.
- To make a spider web design, make a thin white icing (powdered sugar and eggwhite mixed to the consistency of ehavy cream) and, starting at center of cheesecake, pipe a continuous spiral to the outer edge of the cake (practice on the counter first).
- Pull a knife point from the center out through the white lines, dividing the cake into sixths.
- Then reverse the procedure between the lines, pulling the knife from the outer edge to the center of the cake.
- Refrigerate until served.