Recipe by flower7
I made this cake for a co-workers birthday and it was a huge success! Many recipe requests. :) Cooking time includes cooling time.
Top Review by bunkie68
Oh, NOM. I made this for a potluck at work, and it got rave reviews. I did make a couple of changes - I used a chocolate cake mix instead of yellow, and I left out the nuts (I work in a pretty large department and didn't know who might have allergy issues). I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa for the glaze. The cake turned out decadent and rich and oh, so good! Thanks for posting!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons lightly-salted butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In an electric mixer, combine cake mix, spices, baking soda, pumpkin, water and eggs.
- Mix on low for 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 more minutes or until thoroughly combined and batter is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth out top with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool for 20 minutes more.
- To prepare glaze: combine sugar, butter and milk in a medium saucepan and stir until butter melts and mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in cinnamon chips, cocoa powder and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Let sit a few minutes to thicken.
- Pour over cooled cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.