1/1 Photo of Chocolate Pumpkin Cake With Cinnamon Chocolate Glaze
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
I made this cake for a co-workers birthday and it was a huge success! Many recipe requests. :) Cooking time includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- 3In an electric mixer, combine cake mix, spices, baking soda, pumpkin, water and eggs.
- 4Mix on low for 1 minute.
- 5Scrape down sides of bowl.
- 6Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 more minutes or until thoroughly combined and batter is smooth.
- 7Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 8Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth out top with a spatula.
- 9Bake for 40 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
- 10Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool for 20 minutes more.
- 11To prepare glaze: combine sugar, butter and milk in a medium saucepan and stir until butter melts and mixture comes to a boil.
- 12Boil for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
- 13Remove from heat.
- 14Mix in cinnamon chips, cocoa powder and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- 15Let sit a few minutes to thicken.
- 16Pour over cooled cake.
- 17Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pumpkin Cake With Cinnamon Chocolate Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.6
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 407.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon baking chips