Recipe by Mangoagogo
This is a modified version of a recipe found over at vegweb.com by the same name. It's a healthy, high-protein, and super-delicious dessert...comes out like a very dense mousse.
Top Review by mikey & ev
This was just alright. I gave it an extra star because of the great nutrition facts. The flavor is a little bitter (probably from too much cocoa powder) and not sweet enough to be dessert. I even stirred in some plain chocolate chips before baking, which helped a little bit. The consistency is nice and smooth, and it certainly is healthy - but I won't make it again.
- 7 ounces extra firm tofu (half a block)
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular or 3⁄4 cup other no-calorie artificial sweetener or 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into individual ramekins (you can use a big 8 x 8 pan as well, but increase the cooking time by about 5 minutes).
- Bake for about 25 minutes. It will firm up as it cools.
- Cool and eat! A dollop of fat-free cool whip is a great addition.