Recipe by MandyJ
This recipe is one I found at all recipes but I altered it. My daughter is very picky and her class had a bake sale and she liked them. I searched for a recipe the same and found this one. I made it larger to fit a jelly roll pan as I like large recipes. Hope you like this too.
Top Review by Boyz 5
I'm sorry,Mandy,this recipe just didn't turn out well for me.The syrup for these squares seemed a little too buttery and seemed to lack the "stickiness" needed to hold it all together,even though I let it boil at least a minute.The chocolatey taste was good,though!!
- 16 cups puffed wheat cereal
- 9 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a jelly roll pan (15X11 approx.) with oil and wax paper for easy removal of squares.
- Place puffed wheat in a large bowl with enough room for stirring.
- In a large pot cook marge, corn syrup, sugar & cocoa. ( mix brown sugar & cocoa together to avoid lumps) boil mixture for
- one minute.
- Add the vanilla after you remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture over the puffed wheat and stir with an oiled spatula.
- Pour mixture on to the pan and spread with either the spatula or greased hands to avoid sticking. cool then cut into squares. amount will vary depending on size of squares. Enjoy.