This is sooo much better than regular store-bought stuff ! I really liked this pudding...DH isn't too fond of chocolate so didn't care much for this one, but I know my sister - who's visiting next week - will absolutely love this. I added some orange zest into my bowl and it reminded me of Lindt's lovely Dark Chocolate with Orange : ) ( Note: The recipe was shown on an episode of 'Cooking for Real'. Sunny sprinkled something on top before serving the pudding but I missed that so that isn't mentioned here, hopefully any Zaarite who has seen or sees that episode can mention it in the review.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat cocoa, sugar, cornstarch and milk in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring continuosly. Let simmer for a few minutes till the pudding slightly thickens.
- 2Beat the egg and temper it by adding a ladle or 2 of the hot pudding mixture and whisking it immediately so that it doesn't scramble.
- 3Slowly pour it back into the saucepan, whisking the pudding all the while.
- 4Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and mix. Let the pudding cook for a while till it thickens.
- 5Pour in individual ramekins or serving bowls and refrigerate for an hour or so till cold.
- 6Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pudding (Sunny Anderson)
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 78.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g