Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is sooo much better than regular store-bought stuff ! I really liked this pudding...DH isn't too fond of chocolate so didn't care much for this one, but I know my sister - who's visiting next week - will absolutely love this. I added some orange zest into my bowl and it reminded me of Lindt's lovely Dark Chocolate with Orange : ) ( Note: The recipe was shown on an episode of 'Cooking for Real'. Sunny sprinkled something on top before serving the pudding but I missed that so that isn't mentioned here, hopefully any Zaarite who has seen or sees that episode can mention it in the review.
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat cocoa, sugar, cornstarch and milk in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring continuosly. Let simmer for a few minutes till the pudding slightly thickens.
- Beat the egg and temper it by adding a ladle or 2 of the hot pudding mixture and whisking it immediately so that it doesn't scramble.
- Slowly pour it back into the saucepan, whisking the pudding all the while.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and mix. Let the pudding cook for a while till it thickens.
- Pour in individual ramekins or serving bowls and refrigerate for an hour or so till cold.
- Serve chilled.