Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an interesting recipe for chocolate syrup. It turns into pudding when cool. The recipe is from Taste of Home magazine.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Microwave uncovered, on high for 7-10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until sauce comes to a boil.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Serve warm over ice cream.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.