Thick rich creamy pops that kids and adults will enjoy. Cooking time is freezing time,
Make and share this Chocolate Pudding Pops recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, stirring with a whisk.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add vanilla extract, and cocoa, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and place the bowl in an ice-filled bowl.
- Cover surface of pudding directly with plastic wrap, and cool completely.
- Spoon chocolate mixture evenly into 6 (4 ounce) icepop molds.
- Top with lids, and insert craft sticks.
- Freeze 4 hours or until thoroughly frozen.
These are certainly as creamy and rich as the description says. I was surprised at how creamy they were, considering I used fat-free milk. My kids love these, although I find them a little bitter even though I used dutched cocoa. Next time I make them I think I will cut down the cocoa powder a little and add a bit more sweetener to see if I can strike the right balance for my palate. But you definitely won't find anything this decadent with such simple ingredients in the freezer case of the grocery store! I'm sure the kids will have me making these again and again.
A bit more work than instant pudding in a mold but fabulous taste. I used Dixie cups for the mold.