Recipe by grt61787
At all my family gatherings, this is always the first dessert to go. I hope its as successful for you as it is for me. Enjoy.
Top Review by CookWannaBe
This was so simple to make and my chocoholic sons really liked the oreo cookie crust. I made my own whipping cream from heavy cream and sugar and beat until almost stiff. I also made this into three layers by putting 1/2 of the thickened dark chocolate pudding down into the crust first; then I mixed 1/2 of the whipping cream into the remaining pudding to lighten it up and made it the second layer. I 'frosted' the top of the pie with the remaining whipping cream (making decorative peaks and valleys on top) and then topped it with about 1 tbsp. of left over oreo cookie crumbs. It was a big hit and had amazing presentation appeal. Enjoy! ;)
- 1 1⁄4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine baking crumbs and butter in 9 inch pie plate.
- Press firmly onto bottom and up side of pie plate to form crust.
- Add milk to dry pudding in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- Top each serving with 1 tbsp of the remaining whipped topping just before serving. Store in refrigerator.