Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
At all my family gatherings, this is always the first dessert to go. I hope its as successful for you as it is for me. Enjoy.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
- Combine baking crumbs and butter in 9 inch pie plate.
- Press firmly onto bottom and up side of pie plate to form crust.
- Add milk to dry pudding in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- Top each serving with 1 tbsp of the remaining whipped topping just before serving. Store in refrigerator.
This was so simple to make and my chocoholic sons really liked the oreo cookie crust. I made my own whipping cream from heavy cream and sugar and beat until almost stiff. I also made this into three layers by putting 1/2 of the thickened dark chocolate pudding down into the crust first; then I mixed 1/2 of the whipping cream into the remaining pudding to lighten it up and made it the second layer. I 'frosted' the top of the pie with the remaining whipping cream (making decorative peaks and valleys on top) and then topped it with about 1 tbsp. of left over oreo cookie crumbs. It was a big hit and had amazing presentation appeal. Enjoy! ;)