Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Everyday with RR. This one's for my hunny.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, plus
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 8 Oreo cookies, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix the chocolate and cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a medium, heavy saucepan, heat the half-and-half over medium-high heat until almost boiling (bubbles will form around the edges).
- In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until thick and pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk half of the hot half-and-half into the egg mixture and then pour the mixture into the saucepan.
- Bring just to a boil over medium heat and cook, whisking constantly, until bubbly and thickened, 1 minute.
- Pour the custard through a sieve into the reserved chocolate-cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Let cool slightly then press plastic wrap onto the surface to cover and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Scoop the chocolate pudding into individual cups and top with the whipped cream and cookies.