Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, well beaten
- 2 ounces baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in medium saucepan; gradually stir in milk and egg yolks.
- Add baking chocolate, broken into pieces; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute; remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla; pour into individual serving dishes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Chocolate pudding at its best! We thought this was delicious and well worth making!
Oh yum, yum, yum! This was great. I found it very thick--much thicker than mix pudding but I really liked it that way. It was decadently chocolatey and good. Thanks for posting!
My chocolate loving husband wanted a treat tonight, so I looked on the net for a chocolate pudding recipe and came across this recipe. It was quick and easy to make and my husband loved it. It will be a staple at our house in the future.