Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this decadent cake on allrecipes long before I found Zaar. I have to thank someone named Jackie for submitting this. It is a cake the whole family has enjoyed and it is easy too.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup coffee
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2-1 cup raspberry preserves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream (you can use light sour cream), milk, oil, coffee (you can use water instead of coffee) and eggs. Beat for 4 minutes, then mix in 2 cups chocolate mini chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the glaze: Melt the butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave until smooth. At this point you could spread raspberry preserves over the top of cake and then drizzle glaze over the preserves.
- Hint: You could use raspberry chips in place of chocolate chips if you desire. Also, if you decide to use the raspberry preserves they might spread better if warmed first.