Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Looking for that chocolate pudding fix, and don't want to make alot ? Then here's the recipe to try. I found the basic recipe in the TOH 's 2001 Annual recipes, it was sent in to them by Anne Boesiger of Meridian, Idaho. Since I like a thicker and more intense chocolate flavor, the amounts of cornstarch and chocolate were changed.The database wouldn't let me add just a pinch of salt, so I had to put 1/8 teaspoon. Also, the way that the ingredients were added was changed too. Chill time is included in cook time. The longer you let this chill, the more intense the chocolate flavor will be. Submitted to " ZAAR " on October 21st, 2009
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- whipped topping (optional)
- In a small microwavable glass bowl add milk, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stir until chips are melted.
- Add cornstarch, stirring until no lumps remain.
- Microwave for another 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture begins to boil.
- Stir again and let cool to room temperature, and pour into a small bowl or dessert dish.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Yum! This was easy and delicious. I followed the directions but only took about 30 seconds for it to build after I added the cornstarch.
what a great recipe. It's so easy to do. My son liked it so much. The taste is really good. Great chocolate taste. Thanks Chef shapeweaver :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game