This is a chocolate cake with pudding in it! It is very rich and tastes very good! I like it both hot and cold. If served hot,' its like cake with a warm chocolate sauce. If served cold its like cake with chocolate pudding!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with Pam spray.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In large bowl mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- 5Mix in milk, applesauce and vanilla extract; blend thoroughly.
- 6Pour into pan and spread evenly.
- 7In large bowl, mix all the pudding ingredients until sugar and cocoa are dissolved.
- 8Pour carefully and slowly over cake batter.
- 9The pudding will be runny and the cake will look "messy", but this is normal.
- 10Bake 35-40 minutes or until done.
- 11The cake will be firm to the touch when done.
- 12Toothpick test will not work with this cake as there is pudding underneath cake layer!
- 13Let cake rest 15 minutes to cool.
- 14To serve,cut cake and put on plate and then spoon the pudding over the top of cake slice.
- 15Can be served warm or cold.
- 16If served warm, it's a warm chocolate sauce.
- 17If served cold, it's cake with chocolate pudding.
- 18Cover and refrigerate leftovers up to 7 days in refrigerator.
- 19Or wrap tightly and freeze up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.2
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 97.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g