Cooking to Perfection's Note:
This recipe is quick, easy, and GREAT! This cake emerges from the oven like a brownie rippled with dark chocolate pudding. Throw in some nuts or chopped white chocolate if you want to get creative. Great served with freshly whipped cream or by itself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350* (F).
- 2Spread butter or margarine on bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan.
- 3In mixing bowl, combine flour, 2/3 cup sugar, 4 Tbsp.
- 4cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, coffee powder, and salt.
- 5Stir slowly until blended.
- 6Stir in milk, oil, and vanilla.
- 7Spoon batter into prepared pan, and smooth out until evenly distributed.
- 8In a small bowl, stir together remaining 2 Tbsp.
- 9cocoa and 2/3 cup sugar.
- 10Spread this mixture evenly over batter in pan.
- 11On top of this, pour boiling water.
- 12Do NOT stir.
- 13Carefully set pan in preheated oven on middle rack, and bake for 35 minutes, or until top looks crisp and crackled and cake tester inserted into a cakey area comes out clean.
- 14Cool for a few minutes.
- 15Serve warm, directly from pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 346.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 66.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant espresso coffee powder