Recipe by Jenni Loves Ryry
Yet another great recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook! I love this cake because it doesn't need frosting, and the way it bakes up is just so cool! :) Plus it's great warm with ice cream, but I like it cold!
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a 8x8" square pan.
- Mix first 9 ingredients in a bowl and pour into pan.
- mix brown sugar and baking powder in a small bowl, then add water and stir.
- Slowly pour water mixture onto cake batter. (If you don't pour slow, it will make a big hole in the middle of the cake.).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out with crumbs on it.