Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (miniature, if you have them)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt in an 8 inch square baking pan and stir with a fork to combine. Mix in milk and oil until batter is uniform.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa and chocolate chips evenly over batter. Add vanilla to the hot water and pour over everything. Do not mix.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until surface of the cake looks dry. The pudding will be bubbling around the edges. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Leftovers, if you have them, may be stored for one day at room temperature. Reheat before serving.