Recipe by FLUFFSTER
You are in for a treat with this recipe:from Isaac Hayes's cookbook "Cooking with Heart and Soul." It's so easy to make! If you like chocolate, you've got the right recipe!
- 18 1⁄4 ounces devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package chocolate pudding, cooked according to box instructions
- 2 cups milk (to make the pudding)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pudding mix and 2 cups milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Let boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Let set till cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix and the prepared pudding.
- Add the chopped nut, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, lightly pressing them into the batter.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Slice and serve.