Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A luscious chocolate dessert, a chocolate lovers delight!
Make and share this Chocolate Pudding Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9-inch round or 5 1/2 cup oval baking pan.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium-sized bowl.
- Stir in milk, melted butter, and vanilla to form a thick batter.
- Spread in prepared pan in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and brown sugar evenly over batter.
- Pour boiling water over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until set around sides and top is loose and slightly bubbly.
- Cool in pan on rack at least 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
Great recipe. Easy, speedy and very tasty. It uses just a few basic ingredients that I always have on hand so it is a wonderful emergency dessert when unexpected guests call on their way to visit. As we are retired. and spend 3 months in Florida during the winter it is my "go to" dessert whenever we have dinner guests. Very decadent served warm with ice cream. I have made this many, many times since I first found the recipe a few years ago. Thank you for posting.
This is delicious! Followed the recipe exactly as stated. Will be making this many times in the future. My husband likes his with some Cool Whip. I like mine just the way it is. Yum!
Such a yummy cake!! Easy to make. Make sure your pan is big enough. I accidentally put it in an 8 inch pan and it bubbled over. It still tasted divine but made a mess!! I look forward to making this simple recipe again.