Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is nice because you can make it in the microwave and it makes it's own sauce.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- In a 2 1/2 quart greased casserole combine flour, sugar, first amount of cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add vanilla, oil and milk. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in nuts, if using.
- Spread out evenly.
- Combine second amounts of sugar and cocoa and sprinkle over top of cake.
- Gently pour boiling water over top.
- Cook on high in a microwave for 9 minutes.
I'm giving this a 5 star rating because it is the long lost recipe I have been using for years. I love it. It is very easy to make and the taste and presentation is glorious! So very chocolatey, gooey, and luscious, hot or cold. Especially if you top it with REAL whipped cream! Thanks to you I can now have my chocolate pudding cake again!