Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From St. John's Cookbook 2004 (Fox Lake, WI)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Blend in eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, pudding mix, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in greased 9 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar over top, if desired.
very simple to put together. very cookie like texture, i added some chocolate chips to the batter and put the nuts just on top. mmm. even my chocolate hating husband wanted more. thanks
An easy recipe that produces flavorful, moist, cake-texture brownies. Nice and chocolatey without being too rich. Only problem...how do I note just eat them all in one sitting?
Like Jodi Said but better suited for cupcakes. Brownies need to have an oozy gooey texture...great for cake however.