Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
If you love chocolate, then this is a recipe you really should try! Plan ahead, the pudding needs to refrigerated for 3-4 hours. If desired, you can serve the cooled pudding as a fudge sauce over warmed brownies.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate pudding (cook-n-serve kind, not instant)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Prepare the pudding according to package directions using the 2 cups half and half or whole milk.
- Remove pudding from the heat, and stir in 1/2 of the package of chocolate chips; stir to melt chips.
- Cover and refrigerate the pudding for 3-4 hours.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine/beat the sugar and softened butter.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Add to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips and nuts (if using); mix to combine.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done; cool.
- Remove pudding from the fridge; stir gently to mix.
- Spread on top of cooled brownies in the pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top if desired.
- Serve topped with ice cream or Cool Whip topping.