4 hrs 20 mins
If you love chocolate, then this is a recipe you really should try! Plan ahead, the pudding needs to refrigerated for 3-4 hours. If desired, you can serve the cooled pudding as a fudge sauce over warmed brownies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate pudding (cook-n-serve kind, not instant)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1Prepare the pudding according to package directions using the 2 cups half and half or whole milk.
- 2Remove pudding from the heat, and stir in 1/2 of the package of chocolate chips; stir to melt chips.
- 3Cover and refrigerate the pudding for 3-4 hours.
- 4Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 5Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 6In a bowl, combine/beat the sugar and softened butter.
- 7Add in the eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- 8In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- 9Add to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- 10Stir in remaining chocolate chips and nuts (if using); mix to combine.
- 11Spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- 12Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done; cool.
- 13Remove pudding from the fridge; stir gently to mix.
- 14Spread on top of cooled brownies in the pan.
- 15Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top if desired.
- 16Serve topped with ice cream or Cool Whip topping.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pudding Brownie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 149.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 45.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g