Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A yummy Aussie dessert using Crunchie bars. Variation: You could replace the Crunchie bars with other crush-able chocolate bars. Source: Super Food Ideas magazine - December 2003
- 250 g malt biscuits
- 240 g 'crunchie' chocolate candy bars, refrigerated
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 600 ml thickened cream
- drinking chocolate, to serve (optional)
- Line a 3cm deep, 26cm x 16cm (base) lamington pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Layer malt biscuits over base of pan, cutting to fit if necessary, so base is completely covered.
- Wrap Crunchies, still in their wrappers, in a clean tea-towel. Using a rolling pin, bash chocolate bars so they are broken into small pieces.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sweetened condensed milk and cream in a large bowl until thick and pale.
- Stir through Crunchie bar pieces.
- Spread cream mixture over biscuits. Top with another layer of biscuits. Cover & freeze overnight, or until firm.
- Cut into squares to serve. Dust with drinking chocolate, if desired.