I found this in my Pillsbury cookbook which is falling apart. The recipe calls for 1/2 c. sugar, but I think it is good with 1/3 c. sugar. Also see the vanilla variation that I posted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Add chocolate.
- 2Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- 3Boil one minute.
- 4In small bowl, blend about 1/3 of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- 5Return yolk mixture to hot mixture; blend well.
- 6Cook until mixture bubbles, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat; add vanilla.
- 8Beat with a rotary beater until smooth.
- 9Cool slightly before serving.
- 10Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 111.4 mg
- Sodium 138.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g