Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a chocolate pudding with a nice tasting twist!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 cups milk, cold
- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- Combine first 3 ingredients in large bowl, & using electric mixer, CAREFULLY beat until moist & well blended.
- Gently stir in Cool Whip, mixing completely.
- In another large bowl, combine milk & pudding mix, & with whisk or electric mixer, beat until well blended.
- Add chocolate pudding mixture to cream cheese mixture & beat or stir together until well blended.
- Cover & refrigerate. Serve cold.
Wow - this is some rich stuff! Although I used reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), reduced fat Cool Whip, and 1% fat milk, this pudding tasted as if it was made with full-fat products. Very rich and chocolate-y. I will say that it makes a LOT and can easily be reduced by half, as a little goes a long way. Served with some whipped cream on top.
Good Stuff!!! Will make this again for sure!
Oh my goodness, this is just heavenly. I used low fat cream cheese, Splenda for the sugar, Cool Whip Light, skim mill and sugar free-fat free pudding mix. It's rich tasting, fabulously creamy and amazingly light even though it has a perfect thick pudding texture. The cream cheese whipping will go easier if you soften/warm it a bit in the micro before beginning. This is a true delight.