- 2 1⁄2 cups instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 5 cups sugar
- 3 cups cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dry milk powder, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cocoa together until well blended.
- It can be stored in a big airtight container or glass jar until you need it.
- To use, stir mix before using to redistribute ingredients.
- Measure out 2/3 cup of the pudding mix into a medium saucepan.
- Add milk, vanilla and butter and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue cooking and stirring for another minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool.