Recipe by Barb in WNY
An easy dessert to make right from the pantry.
Top Review by chefchen
This is a great basic recipe: Easy to follow, easy to make. I don't understand why you'd use low-fat milk (I only use whole milk) and add extra fat in the form of butter. But it did taste delicious, had a great aroma and a wonderful color.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- M&M' (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
- Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes.
- Chill until serving time.
- Sprinkle with M & M's if desired.