Recipe by Elana's Pantry
These chocolate prune truffles are gluten free and vegan! Here's the original and complet post: http://www.elanaspantry.com/desserts/chocolate-prune-truffles/
- 1 cup prune, pitted
- 3⁄4 cup tart cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup 73% dark chocolate, melted over very low heat
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place prunes in a bowl and cover with cherry juice.
- Soak for 1-2 hours.
- If your prunes are hard, not juicy, you may need to heat them just a bit in the cherry juice until soft.
- Place prunes and juice in food processor and pulse until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pulse in vanilla, then melted chocolate.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl and place in freezer for 30-45 minutes, until almost smooth.
- Remove from freezer, and roll into 1″ balls in palm of hand.
- Roll in coconut to coat.