2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
From a Passover recipe website submitted by Marilyn Lipken of Philadelphia, PA. The recipe was posted there without an oven temperature so I added it at 350 but check the oven when you make it just in case since I haven't made it. Can be made 2 days ahead of serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line the bottom of a greased 10" springform pan with wax paper.
- 2Grease the paper and sprinkle the pan with cake meal, shaking out the excess.
- 3In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat the whites with a pinch of salt until they hold soft peaks.
- 4Add the sugar, a little at a time, beating until the whites hold stiff glossy peaks.
- 5Fold in the walnuts and prunes.
- 6Add the chocolate, folding it into the mixture gently but thoroughly.
- 7Turn the mixture into the pan, smoothing the top evenly, and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- 8Let the torte cool in the pan on a rack.
- 9Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan and remove the side.
- 10Invert the torte onto a cake plate, discarding the wax paper.
- 11Chill the torte, covered, for 1 hour.
- 12The torte may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Prune Torte (Passover)
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g