Recipe by Scrivener1
This cake is most, delicious, and it has a perfect texture. You can top it with powdered sugar or icing, if you like. We don't think it needs anything else.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Have made a few prune cakes before, & this one is right up there with the rest of them ~ VERY, VERY NICE! It went together very easily, & when the cake was cooled, I only dusted half of it with powdered sugar! Although the sugared portion was very good, I really liked it just plain! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 cup prune, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare bundt pan.
- Sprinkle soda on prunes.
- Pour boiling water over and allow to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar in food processor.
- Add eggs.
- Add prune mixture and process for 15 seconds.
- Gradually add flour sifted with cocoa.
- Mix until blended with on/off motion.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes.
- When cool, turn out.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.