Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These are not chocolate covered pretzels, but yummy chocolate cookies shaped like pretzels with sugar crystal "salt".
Top Review by startnover
These turned out vey cute. I didn't get near the amount stated, but I think I made mine quite large. They didn't take 10 minutes to cook even as large as they were, but that was probably just my oven. I used colored sugar crystals. These were requested by my 9 yr old for his birthday and now my 5 yr old wants them for hers!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- sugar crystals
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, salt and cocoa.
- Cream butter until light and add the sugar;continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and then add the sifted dry ingredients.
- Stir to blend and gather dough into a ball.
- Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Roll the dough into small balls (approx 1 1/4" to 1 1/2").
- Flour your hands if the dough is too sticky.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Roll each ball into a rope about 10" long.
- Form into a pretzel shape by forming an upside down"U".
- Twist the ends and fold back onto the circle, pressing to make a pretzel shape.
- Place on cookies sheets and brush with the egg white.
- Sprinkle with sugar crystals and bake for about 10 minutes or until firm.
- Cool on wire rack.