Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Salty Pretzels add crunch and texture to these gems. I tried this recipe as we love chocolate covered pretzels and thought this might replicate the flavor, not quite, but really delish
- 1 cup salted butter (I use whatever I have)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut (I use whatever is in the house!)
- 1⁄2 cup oats (I used quick oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup pretzel, broken up into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1⁄4 cup puffed rice cereal (I used Kashi cause I had it in the house!)
- Preheat oven to 375F- or if you are at a high elevation, only 350°F.
- With a hand mixer beat butter and the sugars until fluffy, add egg and vanilla and mix till just combined.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, oats, coconut,soda, salt until combined. Add to butter mixture and mix with spoon, this is tough as it will be thick.
- Blend in chocolate chips, cereal, and pretzels until they are just combined.
- Makes about 30 spoonfuls, they do not spread out far, so you can put quite a few on a tray.
- Bake for 8 minutes for chewy or 10 minutes for crispy cookies.