Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
use coarse sugar to resemble salt and these pretzels will look like their pretzel clones
Make and share this Chocolate Pretzel Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces baker's unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 pinch salt
- coarse sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- melt chocolate over hot water.set aside.
- in medium bowl, cream butter and crisco with brown sugar, stir in cinnamon, eggs and melted chocolate.sift dry ingredients into batter and mix, first with wooden spoon.then hands, to make a smooth dough.
- wrap dough in plastic and chill 1 hour in refrigerator.
- preheat oven to 350*.grease a sheet --
- shape dough into walnut sized balls --
- roll each into thin rope about 10" long --
- bring ends together to form a pretzel.arrange on cookie sheet --
- brush with egg white and sprinkle with coarse sugar (resembles large grain salt).
- bake 12-15 minutes --
- transfer to rack and cool.