Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
use coarse sugar to resemble salt and these pretzels will look like their pretzel clones
Make and share this Chocolate Pretzel Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- melt chocolate over hot water.set aside.
- in medium bowl, cream butter and crisco with brown sugar, stir in cinnamon, eggs and melted chocolate.sift dry ingredients into batter and mix, first with wooden spoon.then hands, to make a smooth dough.
- wrap dough in plastic and chill 1 hour in refrigerator.
- preheat oven to 350*.grease a sheet --
- shape dough into walnut sized balls --
- roll each into thin rope about 10" long --
- bring ends together to form a pretzel.arrange on cookie sheet --
- brush with egg white and sprinkle with coarse sugar (resembles large grain salt).
- bake 12-15 minutes --
- transfer to rack and cool.