1 hr 12 mins
use coarse sugar to resemble salt and these pretzels will look like their pretzel clones
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1melt chocolate over hot water.set aside.
- 2in medium bowl, cream butter and crisco with brown sugar, stir in cinnamon, eggs and melted chocolate.sift dry ingredients into batter and mix, first with wooden spoon.then hands, to make a smooth dough.
- 3wrap dough in plastic and chill 1 hour in refrigerator.
- 4preheat oven to 350*.grease a sheet --
- 5shape dough into walnut sized balls --
- 6roll each into thin rope about 10" long --
- 7bring ends together to form a pretzel.arrange on cookie sheet --
- 8brush with egg white and sprinkle with coarse sugar (resembles large grain salt).
- 9bake 12-15 minutes --
- 10transfer to rack and cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (897 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 918.7
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 181.6 mg
- Sodium 246.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 17.7 g