Recipe by AlainaF
Just use regular soy creamer and leave out the soymilk powder if you want to be "normal". From the Papa Tofu cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached granulated sugar (white sugar isn't vegan, since it's mixed with bone char)
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate soymilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons chocolate soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup instant vanilla soymilk powder (optional, but makes them tastier)
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine spread (Earth Balance is best)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Throw everything but the pecans into a medium saucepan and stir well.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the syrup reaches 239F on a candy thermometer.
- Immediately remove from heat and continue whisking.
- Watch carefully, as the mixture cools, it will slowly begin to thicken and change, keep whisking.
- When it starts to cloud and feels like its starting to set up, stop whisking and stir in the pecans.
- Quickly drop by tablespoon onto parchment or a very well-greased cookie sheet, work fast because they firm up in no time.
- Allow to sit until firm, and enjoy the sugar rush.