Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 hrs
What a sweet addition to the holiday platter of Christmas cookies and confections! A bit fussy to make, but WELL WORTH the time and satisfaction of making your own. COOKING TIME includes "standing time" and chilling time....so don't just STAND there--CHILL out darling! Ho Ho Ho! Those gals at Gooseberry Patch sure know what they're doing, now don't they!?
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, pieced out
- 4 tablespoons almond liqueur
White Chocolate Variation or Substitutions
- white chocolate chips (for semi-sweet)
- almonds (for the pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350; buttter a 10x15 jelly roll pan; set aside.
- Stir together pecans, brown sugar and 4 T. whipping cream; spread in prepared pan; bake for 20 minutes (coating will be slightly crystallized); stir one time; remove from oven; stir the whole works (should be of "chopped nuts texture/consistence"--will be used for rolling the truffle/chocolate in later on) and cool.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and remaining cream in a large bowl--about 3-4 minutes; whisk several times until smooth (microwave at 15-second intervals to prevent burning); whisk in the butter pieces and the almond liqueur; let stand 20 minutes.
- Beat the chocolate mixture with an electric mixer for 4 minutes or until SOFT PEAKS form (do not overbeat!); cover and chill at least four hours.
- Shape chocolate into one-inch balls, roll in pecan-sugar; cover and chill up to one week (who are we kidding? these will NOT last for one week!) or freeze for up to a month (seriously!?).