What a sweet addition to the holiday platter of Christmas cookies and confections! A bit fussy to make, but WELL WORTH the time and satisfaction of making your own. COOKING TIME includes "standing time" and chilling time....so don't just STAND there--CHILL out darling! Ho Ho Ho! Those gals at Gooseberry Patch sure know what they're doing, now don't they!?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, pieced out
- 4 tablespoons almond liqueur
White Chocolate Variation or Substitutions
- white chocolate chips (for semi-sweet)
- almonds (for the pecans)
- 1Preheat oven to 350; buttter a 10x15 jelly roll pan; set aside.
- 2Stir together pecans, brown sugar and 4 T. whipping cream; spread in prepared pan; bake for 20 minutes (coating will be slightly crystallized); stir one time; remove from oven; stir the whole works (should be of "chopped nuts texture/consistence"--will be used for rolling the truffle/chocolate in later on) and cool.
- 3Microwave the chocolate chips and remaining cream in a large bowl--about 3-4 minutes; whisk several times until smooth (microwave at 15-second intervals to prevent burning); whisk in the butter pieces and the almond liqueur; let stand 20 minutes.
- 4Beat the chocolate mixture with an electric mixer for 4 minutes or until SOFT PEAKS form (do not overbeat!); cover and chill at least four hours.
- 5Shape chocolate into one-inch balls, roll in pecan-sugar; cover and chill up to one week (who are we kidding? these will NOT last for one week!) or freeze for up to a month (seriously!?).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Praline Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.0
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 33.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: