Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet tried. The original chef commented, "An elegant dessert that can be made ahead. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate shaving for an added touch."
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 2⁄3 cups unsalted butter, divided use
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a food processor, combine flour, powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla and salt; process to blend.
- With the motor running, gradually add 1-2/3 cup of the butter, a few tablespoons at a time.
- Process until dough forms a ball on top of the blades.
- Press dough into a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine remaining 1 cup butter, brown sugar, honey and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add pecans and cream and return to a boil.
- Immediately pour into cooled crust.
- Bake until center is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.