Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Some of my fondest memories are of my mom baking this cake usually on a Saturday morning. I now enjoy baking it and sharing it with my family. Hope you enjoy it too.
- Cream butter and shortening together in large bowl.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa together.
- Gradually add to butter and shortening mixture.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 25 minutes in greased and floured pans.
- Makes 2 loaves or 1 tube pan.
Excellent!! Heavy, dense but very moist. Wish I could give it more than 5 stars. Thank you for sharing a wonderful recipe.
Lovely! A very good cake! Wem loved this!
Kind of like a dried out, less chocolatly brownie. I had high hopes for this but I doubt it will get all eaten :(