- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325*; grease and flour bundt or tube pan.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder together.
- Beat shortening and butter together.
- Slowly add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mix and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Pour into pan, place on center rack and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Check with wooden pick after 1-1/2 hours to see if it needs more time.