Cook1 hr 30 mins
Got this one from my sister Wendy. She made it for a family dinner and everyone went wild over it! Had to bring home the recipe!
- Heat oven to 325*; grease and flour bundt or tube pan.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder together.
- Beat shortening and butter together.
- Slowly add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mix and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Pour into pan, place on center rack and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Check with wooden pick after 1-1/2 hours to see if it needs more time.