Prep 11 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Got this one from my sister Wendy. She made it for a family dinner and everyone went wild over it! Had to bring home the recipe!
- Heat oven to 325*; grease and flour bundt or tube pan.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder together.
- Beat shortening and butter together.
- Slowly add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mix and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Pour into pan, place on center rack and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Check with wooden pick after 1-1/2 hours to see if it needs more time.
This was a great cake. I had never made a chocolate pound cake before. It was easy to make.
WONDERFUL! This cake was really good. It was my first homemade cake and boy, was my family impressed. Only one critique...I was totally deceived by the prep time. 11 minutes is not true at all. Even if I had been a cake expert, I can't see it taking only 11 minutes to prepare. It took me at least 30 minutes. Otherwise this recipe was a winner!
This was a total hit at work, everyone loved it! Thank you for the recipe :)