This recipe is in the King Arthur Flour Baking Book. I've shortened the directions for you and changed an ingredient. This by far is the best tasting chocolate pound cake I've ever eaten. My friends call it EVIL!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup sour cream or 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1preheat oven to 325*F. Use middle rack.
- 2I used a grease and flour spray like Crisco Baking Spray.In a lg. bowl (not too huge), cream butter and sugar until fluffy then add the next 4 ingredients.
- 3Beat on med.-high speed for about 2 minutes.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and do scrape sides of bowl.
- 5Dissolve espresso powder in warm water and combine with sour cream or the buttermilk, whichever you choose.(I used the sour cream)
- 6Whisk together in small separate bowl, the cocoa and flour.
- 7Now combine everything in the lg. bowl containing the butter/sugar/spice mixture.(Go slow, it can be messy)
- 8Pour into a Bundt-style or tube pan.
- 9Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.(Check cake 5 minutes sooner, because ovens vary).
- 10Remove from oven, let sit 15 minutes and then turn out on cake rack to cool completely.
- 11Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.7
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 135.1 mg
- Sodium 302.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g