Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious, moist, thoroughly chocolate pound cake!
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups softened butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 4 ounces grated chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl, beat butter until fluffy, gradually adding in the sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Alternate between adding in the flour mixture and the milk, beginning with the flour.
- Blend in the grated chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan. Bake in preheated 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes, inverting the pan onto a rack (or a glass coke bottle). Before serving, dust with confectioner's sugar. Can garnish with berries and mint sprigs.
lots of chocolate flavor. I used hershey dark for both chocolates.I baked it for 1 hr 5 min. I also used irish butter. this is very easy to make and I reccomend it highly.