2 hrs 20 mins
Chocaholics rejoice! Traditional New Year's Eve fare at my house. The rose petal garnish is totally optional. You can purchase the candied rose petals or make your own if the season allows. Mimi Bobeck's rose petals, Rose Petals, Stuffed and Dribbled With White Chocolate would be perfect with this. Prep and cook times do not include the garnish. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- unsprayed rose petal
- 1 egg whites, lightly beaten or 1 powdered egg whites
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (superfine)
- 1Place cream, chocolate, sugar and salt into a double boiler and cook until scalding, but not boiling; whisk egg yolks lightly and temper with a bit of the chocolate mixture; when egg yolks are warmed, gradually return them to the double boiler and cook, stirring, over simmering water until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and pour into 2 pot de creme pots or small custard cups; lay plastic wrap on pudding surface and let cool; then refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours or overnight; remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
- 3Optional Garnish: To make the candied rose petals, gently brush each petal with egg white or powdered egg white mixture; sprinkle with sugar; place on cake rack and let dry.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pots de Creme with Candied Rose Petals
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.5
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 297.5 mg
- Sodium 144.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 54.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g