This recipe is from "The New James Beard Cookbook" and is being posted in response to a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put heavy cream in top of a double boiler.
- 2Add sugar.
- 3Place over boiling water and scald (i.e., heat almost to boiling).
- 4Remove from heat and add chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- 5Beat egg yolks and gradually beat them into the hot chocolate cream mixture.
- 6Place top of double boiler over boiling water again and cook, stirring constantly, until well thickened (about 3 minutes).
- 7Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and then pour into 6-8 small custard cups (1/2 cup size).
- 8When cool, place in refrigerator to chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pots De Creme
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.7
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 299.0 mg
- Sodium 39.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 6.2 g